Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion

how to check if an ir code in send ?

hy.
i have uploaded an irl file to ni3000 to port 9 which is port 1 infrared.
the irl file i think it's ok. it's downloaded from amx site.
i have assign a button to send the function from channel 27 from irl file(power function)

send_command dvplasma1,"'CP',27"

the ir led from ni-3000 turns on but i think nothing it is send. i have measured the voltage from the ir port and it was 0 when the led was on. and the device that i want to control doesn't reacts

Comments

• ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    cristibad wrote:
    hy.
    i have uploaded an irl file to ni3000 to port 9 which is port 1 infrared.
    the irl file i think it's ok. it's downloaded from amx site.
    i have assign a button to send the function from channel 27 from irl file(power function)

send_command dvplasma1,"'CP',27"

the ir led from ni-3000 turns on but i think nothing it is send. i have measured the voltage from the ir port and it was 0 when the led was on. and the device that i want to control doesn't reacts

Shouldn't the command be something like

PULSE[dvplasma1,27]

Of course the pulse command gives you a .5 second burst. you may want to shorten that up a bit. But it should work for testing.
  • a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    It looks like a typo. Try:
    send_command dvplasma1,"'SP',27"

• Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    a_riot42 wrote:
    It looks like a typo. Try:
    send_command dvplasma1,"'SP',27"

send_command dvplasma1,"'CP',27" is a valid command.
    SP queues a single pulse
    CP clears any previously queued commands and then sends a single pulse.
  • a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    Joe Hebert wrote:
    send_command dvplasma1,"'CP',27" is a valid command.
    SP queues a single pulse
    CP clears any previously queued commands and then sends a single pulse.

Oops my mistake. I only ever use SP.
    Paul
    cristibad wrote:
    If the LED lights then you can be almost certain that an IR code has been sent. If there wasn?t an IR code in the channel you pulsed then the LED won?t light.

You won?t be able to measure a single IR pulse with a voltmeter. You would have to use an oscilloscope.

If you?re sure that the IR codes are correct then I would try reversing the polarity of the emitter. It?s not uncommon to find a brand new out of the package emitter that?s wired backwards. The placement of the emitter is also important. Try moving it around to find the sweet spot.

HTH
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    You could also try to send "actuate" the IR directly from IR edit through the IR port and test the file first before you go crazy with coding possibilities.
    And you also have the option to do a SP send_command right in Netlinx Studio Control A Device.
  • pulse command worked just fine. and i also think there was a problem with the emitter
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Quick and dirty emitter test: look at it with the camera in your cell phone when you pulse it. Most cell cameras don't have an IR filter, and a working emitter looks like it's lighting up through the viewfinder.