Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

ICSnet Hub

hi,guys

i got a problem with my NI3000 and DMS hub box.Today i went to my customer house,all my DMS keypad not responding to my NI300. Communication light at the back of Hub box not flashing any more.When i reboot the master the communication light become static on.I can't my DMS keypad working.Do u have any idea what should i check?

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    zaiful wrote:
    hi,guys

i got a problem with my NI3000 and DMS hub box.Today i went to my customer house,all my DMS keypad not responding to my NI300. Communication light at the back of Hub box not flashing any more.When i reboot the master the communication light become static on.I can't my DMS keypad working.Do u have any idea what should i check?

Unplug the DMS's first to make sure it's a hub problem, and not a bad DMS taking them all down. If it looks like it runs normally with no keypads, start plugging them in one at a time until it fails; that will isolate the bad one.

But chances are, it's really the hub. You can verify the DMS's by plugging them one at a time directly into the ICS port on the master - you won't get intercom that way, but they will function otherwise. Just don't use one of the ICS Hub ports, they don't send power. Worst case, if the hub is dead, you can leave one keypad running while you get it fixed.
  • Options
    zaifulzaiful Posts: 25
    [QUOTE=But chances are, it's really the hub. You can verify the DMS's by plugging them one at a time directly into the ICS port on the master - you won't get intercom that way, but they will function otherwise. Just don't use one of the ICS Hub ports, they don't send power. Worst case, if the hub is dead, you can leave one keypad running while you get it fixed.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.i did changed the hub but it still don't want to work.So i changed the master then it work.this is the fourth time i changed the master.Do u think lightning or power overload can damage the master.For ur info my mvp still working ok only DMS keypad.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Hm, that makes it sound like the DMS hub is burning out the ICS connection on the master. I would not have thought that likely at all.

But as for your other question, yes lighting or power overload can burn out a master, I've had it happen multiple times, and even once through a device connected to a serial port. There isn't much you can do beyond power line protection though, and even that is far from bulletproof.