Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

AudioEase Upgrade

I've got a new client with an old AudioEase/Accent (card cage style) combo, and old style keypads. The AudioEase has a couple of zones that are gone but the keypads still work fine. Anyone done a replacement for a system like this. The client would like to salvage as much as possible and the processor appears to be ok. Not sure if I could get an AutoPatch integrated with the old processor, or if I should plan on changing it as well.

Thoughts, ideas appreciated,

Sonny

Comments

• Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    sonny wrote:
    I've got a new client with an old AudioEase/Accent (card cage style) combo, and old style keypads. The AudioEase has a couple of zones that are gone but the keypads still work fine. Anyone done a replacement for a system like this. The client would like to salvage as much as possible and the processor appears to be ok. Not sure if I could get an AutoPatch integrated with the old processor, or if I should plan on changing it as well.

Thoughts, ideas appreciated,

Sonny

The AutoPatch protocol is very simple. I don't think they really need a module for this gear. You shouldn't have any trouble hooking it up to an old processor at all.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Landmark used to make a hub that would accept the AudioEase keypads, but AMX discontinued it not long after they absorbed Landmark. I still have a job or two running them on the Landmark hub. I was once told by an instructor at AMX that he could get me the code to write drivers for them on a NetLinx, but I never followed up and, of course, more recent calls to AMX have gotten me nowhere. But somewhere over there, someone has to know how to talk to them.