Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Can I control AMX with palm top?

The salesman made this question ... and I have no idea.

Comments

• ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    2Fast wrote:
    The salesman made this question ... and I have no idea.
    The short answer is 'Yes'. But if your salesman was looking for the short answer and not wanting to be bothered with a lot of details, I'd say a resounding 'No'

There is almost always a way to do something like this. but quite often the reason for such questions is that they want to try to save some money or do something that it totally unrealistic. either way, it ends up being a great disapointment or expensive or both.

It would probably involve learning some IR codes and whatnot.

I'd not try it.
  • 2Fast2Fast Posts: 90
    Here in Brazil the people usually try to save money hehe ... I think make a project with palm top is so hard ... maybe I'm wrong, really I don't know the way to do that.

Thanks ericmedley!
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    2Fast wrote:
    Here in Brazil the people usually try to save money hehe ... I think make a project with palm top is so hard ... maybe I'm wrong, really I don't know the way to do that.

Thanks ericmedley!

Oh, don't get me wrong:D I'm always for saving money. In fact, my personal AMX system has cost me almost nothing. (thanks to ebay...) I think sometimes the sales people will sacrifice a lot of quality and/or reliability at the altar of expediency. No offense to any sales people here. I am a salesperson also, by proxy...
    No problem!!! I understood your what you said ... So tomorrow I?ll tell to him: - No, you can?t control with quality if you want to control using a palm top. haha

Thanks again!!
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Has anyone tried using the virtual keypad on the palm pilot or blackberry yet? I don't have one so I can't give it a try.
    I was looking the forum and found this thread: http://www.amxforums.com/showthread.php?t=335 ... so, I remember how to control without panel ... I'll tell to salesman this way to control :)
  • alexanboalexanbo Posts: 282
    vining wrote:
    Has anyone tried using the virtual keypad on the palm pilot or blackberry yet? I don't have one so I can't give it a try.

I tried it on the Nokia N800 web tablet doo hickey and it was a no go as it wasn't being rendered correctly. Anyone try it with an iTouch or iPhone?