Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

NI-4100 dropping off network

This happens "sporadically". I can only reconnect by cycling power. Occurs when running Netlinx Studio or webcontrol. Anyone else encounter this? I am using Linksys routers and switches.

Comments

• Options
    The 2 most likely reasons are:

The IP address of the NI4100 is in its own URL list (or the IP address of 2 masters are present in the URL list of both Masters forming a loop)

Something in your code either leaking memory or maxing out the IP connections.

HTH
  • Options
    I removed the IP address of the NI-4100 from the URL list and hurrah, problem solved. Thanks.
    keith
  • Options
    KimKim Posts: 52
    Similar can sometimes arise at shortage of duet memory. Is solved increase memory in telnet use command "set duet memory".
  • Options
    Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    If you are using the latest firmware it shouldn't even allow you to add the IP of the NI Master into its URL list.
  • Options
    a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    I have had this happen just today with a 4100. I rebooted it and it never came back. Status light was off, and link light was blinking. Accepted a telnet connection but didn't get the login banner so I couldn't send any commands. Had to power cycle and haven't figured out why it would this once out of a few dozen times.
    Paul
  • Options
    Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    I had an NI-4100 this week that went to lala land while upgrading the device firmware and it had to be shipped back to AMX for repair.