Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Modules & Duet Modules

multiple modules question

I am using 4 different modules in one program...I noticed the different button arrays have the same channel numbers as some of the others. Is this a problem? Same with text fields.

I haven't put the program into the master yet, so I would like to know before I get too deep into the program.

Thanks

Comments

• Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    This will cause a problem if they all use the same port on the touch panel or if they all use a common virtual device. Same thing with the text fields. The exception is if the modules are setup to track which panels are active within the module, then it is your job to tell the module when it should be listening to the panels.

Jeff
  • yuriyuri Posts: 861
    it's not a problem, it's only a pain in the *** when debugging :)
  • gdemikgdemik Posts: 12
    ok... so is it or not.

Right now there will only be one touch panel. But will eventually add more.

In short... it is two Russound modules and an Integtra module.

Could I change the ports on the touchpanel pages and make the change in the main program? Kind of like the Escient module?

Thanks
  • HedbergHedberg Posts: 671
    Just assign each set of button numbers a unique port number. You can quite quickly change the port number for all buttons on either a page or an entire panel using the edit/replace functionality (edit menu) in TPD4. My recollection is that you can use up to 100 ports per panel.