Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

Anyone Used Matrix MI Series Yet

Greetings,

I am considering the used of a DAS-M0608 for an upcoming resi project.

It is key for this design that I do not have to use device-specific keypads. It seems from the docs on the available Duet module that control can come from anywhere in the AMX environment.

Has anyone tried one of these yet? Any quirks, bugs, etc?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    yuriyuri Posts: 861
    what do you mean with "device specific keypads"
    you mean non-amx keypads? or 'normal' AMX keypads, like mio keypads?
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    It works just fine from the AMX side. I have two installs where the keypads were left in the boxes. One downside is that if you stack muiltiple matrix(es)???... (is that the plural of this word since it's technically a proper noun??)

...there is some functionality in the module that doesn't work for the channels of the 2nd or greater box starting at channel 3 and up. Dunno why? It's just there. If you're only using on Matrix, then you should be golden.

e
  • Options
    TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    yuri wrote:
    what do you mean with "device specific keypads"

It seems that some of the newer AMX distributed audio system have keypads that are specific to the systems. I have no problems with those keypads, but I want to be sure that the audio system can be controlled by generic AMX devices like G4 TPs and Mio/Metreau keypads as those already exist in the control system that I would be adding the Matrix to.
  • Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Yes it can be controlled by generic AMX devices like G4 TPs and Mio/Metreau. If fact if you're going to use AMX in the system you're better off if you don't mixed the Matrix keypads w/ TPs and Mio/Metreau KP. I wouldn't use the Matrix keypads at all and just use the Mio/Metreau where a basic keypad is needed.

I tried it with the mix and it was a nightmare. Of course that was before the Matrix offered unsolicitated status feedback but still, the Matrix keypads can't control anything other than IR devices connected to the Matrix and you can't really trigger the AMX to do anything from the keypads. Plus I don't know how complete the unsolicited status feedback is. It may just give you volume and source changes.