Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

iPort Anybody?

I'm thinking about getting a Sonance iPort for myself. Has anyone had experience with it with the Duet module?

Thanks.

Comments

• I have done lots of installs with the IPort ( one with 14 IPorts all via Rs232 ) and I have to tell you, out of all the IPOD Docks that I have used this one is certainly one of the most user friendly. I have one in my house as well, and it works every time.

I have had heaps of issues however with the Duet module, but the straight COMM module works really well. There are a couple of different versions floating around that are non-duet, I would really advise using the non-duet version. I even have the IPort throwing data into my R4, it can get a little slow but the new threshold module for the R4 seems to have cleared all that up.

Hope that this helps!
  • mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    I'm thinking about getting a Sonance iPort for myself. Has anyone had experience with it with the Duet module?

Thanks.

Yes, the Duet module is fine, but there is a newer Netlinx one (not sure if it's on the website, the folder name is: iPort with Video v3_0 Beta 3-8-2007). It's excellent.

A word of caution though, the first two we got turned out to be of bad construction. Cards that should have been soldered down were loose. Symptoms this could cause are: 1) you hear a ticking sound when data is sent from the iPort, this is caused by current from the data line somehow going into the audio 2) it stops recognizing when an iPod is inserted and never goes into UI mode.

So before you question your own programming ability or call tech support (they only have 1 guy working there who knows anything about RS232), look inside the thing.
  • TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    mpullin wrote:
    Yes, the Duet module is fine, but there is a newer Netlinx one (not sure if it's on the website, the folder name is: iPort with Video v3_0 Beta 3-8-2007). It's excellent

Would you mind sending me that module version? The one an the AMX site is older.

Thanks.