Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

NI-700 - Need more IR ports

I have an NI-700 and I need 1 or 2 extra IR ports.
Could anyone share the different options I have to implement this?
Since it's for my own system at home, the low cost solution is preferred (if there is one).

Thanks !

Comments

• Options
    Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
  • Options
    TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    Get an old Axcent 3 and run in slave mode to gain yourself 6 serial, 8 relay, 6 IR and 6 I/O ports.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Probably the cheapest thing you could do is get an Axcent3 on Ebay. If that doesn't work out, and IRS-4 is your best bet.
  • Options
    Pep_SDPep_SD Posts: 106
    THANK YOU !!

Joe, Dave and TurnipTruck: thank you!! You guys rock!!

I've been reading the forums for a few months and I've learned a lot with all of you and several of other regular others like Spire_Jeff, Vining, Eric Medley, Yuri,Matt Pullin, Jay James, Thomas Hayes, Stephen Bolton (I apologize for the ones I'm forgetting here)

Now on my way to complete my AMX practical programmer ... :-)
  • Options
    TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    You're welcome, this is how I've learned and continue to learn these things.

By the way my house system is an NI-2000 and I now have eight Axcent 3 as port slaves throughout the house. I have run into no problems in using Axcent 3 within Netlinx based systems. As far as I know, the only limitation is the buffer sizes in the serial ports. The bus speed could be an issue if you have really chatty stuff, but probably not in a residential environment.