Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio

Programming & Hardware question

I am new to amx. This being said I am trying to get a grap on it.

1. As far as IR emitters. Will any emitter work? I got some extras we have from extron, but they don't seem to work. This could be a programming issue also which I am listing below.

2. I have loaded a dvd player ir to the project it is not the exact model which might be an issue, but I can't even get the ir to send anything so I can't test that yet. Here is the command I am sending:

CASE 10:{PULSE[5001:9:0,1]}

I get input and output lights blinking when I click on it, but the ir/serial light does not blink and there is no output on the ir emitter. I have checked the ir and it works.

any ideas?

Comments

• Fixed

There was some code above that command that was interfering. All seems good.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Sounds like you need to load an IR file into the IR port.

IREdit is the program for you.

You can search through the IR database, select the DVD player you have, then use the IR program to load the IR file into the IR port. the help section can give you instructions on how this is done.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Just so you know, most emitters will work, but some will not. Notably, the ones with an LED flasher in them sometimes draw more current than the port can supply. I've had no problems with the standard Niles or Xantech emitters. I'd just say use the AMX ones, but AMX wants too dang much money for an emitter. Why pay $12 when you can get them for $3?