Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Modules & Duet Modules
Options

amx intercom name issue

We have around 20 panels that all work well with the intercom module, but their names will not display in the phonebooks on all panels. The module stubbornly takes the panels name from the last octet of its IP address, eg "Panel 112".

I played around with populating the uPHONE_BOOK data structure on the Define_Start section of code within the AMX_Intercom_UI module, but the module seems to over-ride whatever data i input here.

Anyone?

Comments

• Options
    flcusatflcusat Posts: 309
    markbsure wrote: »
    We have around 20 panels that all work well with the intercom module, but their names will not display in the phonebooks on all panels. The module stubbornly takes the panels name from the last octet of its IP address, eg "Panel 112".

I played around with populating the uPHONE_BOOK data structure on the Define_Start section of code within the AMX_Intercom_UI module, but the module seems to over-ride whatever data i input here.

Anyone?

Did you assign a name to the panel within the setup screen in the panel itself?
  • Options
    markbsuremarkbsure Posts: 44
    Did you assign a name to the panel within the setup screen in the panel itself?

yes. i assigned each panels name through the intercom modules setup pages, but this would only appear on the panel itself. it would not distribute to other panels.

some panels in the array that is passed into the intercom module haven't actually been installed yet.... i wonder if this is causing the problem.....