Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

Old AMX connectors

I just got an old AMX VSS2 Video sync sensor (year 1993 ?) and its female power connector looks like a recent AMX Netlinx connector, except it's bigger and 'rounded' on top and bottom...

Anybody having references about the male corresponding connector and where I could get some?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Pep_SD wrote: »
    I just got an old AMX VSS2 Video sync sensor (year 1993 ?) and its female power connector looks like a recent AMX Netlinx connector, except it's bigger and 'rounded' on top and bottom...

Anybody having references about the male corresponding connector and where I could get some?

Thanks!

You might look at this place. we get lots of phoenix connectors here.

http://www.easyadapters.com/

AMX still sells them too.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    They are called phoenix connectors, and the newer ones mini-phoenix. Last I looked, AMX could provide them. If you buy from a third party, make sure you get the right spacing between the pins, phoenix connectors come in various configurations. I was all excited when I came across a pile of connectors from another product that I thought I could use with the AMX, only to find the pins were a smidge farther apart, and therefore couldn't be used.
  • Options
    annuelloannuello Posts: 294
    The current connectors are 3.5mm spacing. The old ones are 5.0mm spacing.
    Phoenix connectors are available in the following spacings (mm): 3.5, 3.81, 5, 5.08, 7.5, 7.62, 10.
    This probably isn't a complete list. As you can see, 3.5 vs 3.81 doesn't look very different in a "parts bucket", but once this is repeated by 4 pins it adds up pretty quick.
  • Options
    TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    BTX Technologies sells them and you will get the most reasonable price from them. They are the 5.0 pitch.
  • Options
    Pep_SDPep_SD Posts: 106
    Thanks everyone for the info - got my order done!