Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

J. River & Automic - help please

jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
Has anyone dealt with a J. River loaded PC and/or Autonomic Control's MCE software? I'm doing a job / favor for someone and they have these in their device list.

Suggestions or help or already written stuff would be greatly appreciated. :D

(Just noticed the title says "Automic" and not Autonomic . . . wish I could change that - whoops!)

Comments

• Options
    TrikinCurtTrikinCurt Posts: 158
    We had implemented autonomic once, they have a full AMX module on their site so that one should be pretty easy for you. I can't speak for J. River.

Curt
  • Options
    jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    TrikinCurt wrote: »
    We had implemented autonomic once, they have a full AMX module on their site so that one should be pretty easy for you. I can't speak for J. River.

Curt
    I downloaded the module. Perhaps I was expecting the TP file to have all the button pushes already implemented. Don't get me wrong, I can spend time putting the button pushes in while cross-referencing their module, but man oh man - that's a PITA.

Perhaps I should have renamed this thread to MCE control, because upon closer inspection, there's an HP Digital Entertainment Center piece in there as well. I'm assuming it uses Media Center.
  • Options
    I am using the Autonomics software currently and am having a heck of a time getting album art to display properly on a MVP-7500. I have searched through the strings being sent back to the panel and they all seem to be correct as it relates to the Autonomics protocol. I can enter the path in a browser and the art displays properly as well as in TP4. I have made sure that this wasn't an IP setting problem and it is not as I can enter other URLs in the dynamic images and they display and refresh properly on the panel. I have had the images display correctly but it seems that whenever I reboot my NI, I lose the ability to display the images and now I can't get them to display at all. Does anybody have any ideas?? I am desperate to get this resolved!!!
  • Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    I beleive with Autonomic Home the module and TP design are free but you have to pay for th server application that runs on the MCE PC for it to work. The module interfaces with the server app running on the MCE PC which in turn controls the MCE PC.
  • Options
    vining wrote: »
    I beleive with Autonomic Home the module and TP design are free but you have to pay for th server application that runs on the MCE PC for it to work. The module interfaces with the server app running on the MCE PC which in turn controls the MCE PC.

I am running a licensed version of the server software on my media pc. There are no other problems with my setup (i.e. browsing titles, dvds, live tv, etc...) other than the tempermental cover art issue. I am completely stumped! Autonomics mentioned on their forum that there was an issue where their software generated "{" and "}" characters and AMX translated them into "%" characters, which was incompatible with their server. This was resolved, from what I can tell, by looking at the strings in Studio Notifications and by looking at the code in their module since they are parsing these characters. I am just lost as to why it works occasionally but then when I reboot the master I lose the cover art. What is even more frustrating is that I can't determine what I had to do the last time this happened to get them to show up.
  • Options
    Tworhythms wrote: »
    I am just lost as to why it works occasionally but then when I reboot the master I lose the cover art.

I'm sorry we didn't see this sooner. If you haven't resolved this already, drop us a line at support@autonomichome.com and we'll get you fixed up.

Cover art issues are usually easilly cleared up.

-Michael
    Autonomic Controls, Inc.