Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products
Options

TPI4 troubles

I'm experiencing a strange problem with a TPI4 + PTM-D15 panel combination. The short question is: how can I get the panel to communicate with the TPI? It seems that no matter what, the TPI refuses to recognize any touch input from the panel.

The procedure I've been following is: Set TPI output resolution, set touch type to Elo, calibrate. When I touch the panel as part of calibration, the panel acts as though it had not been touched.

In the course of troubleshooting this, I have tried various combinations of two TPIs, three panels and two serial (touch) cables.

In the course of two hours on the phone with tech support, I have a) tried using various other touch types; b) connected a USB mouse to the TPI, which did not produce a cursor when the TPI was power-cycled; c) installed the Elo driver on my computer, which throws an error when connected to the panel; d) reloaded the already-current firmware into the TPI.

The crowning weirdness is that this project consists of four rooms for the same client, all with the same TPI + panel setup - the first room was installed last week and worked fine.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    My policy is, when I've done exactly the same thing with two devices, and one works and the other doesn't, is to first double and triple check I really did everything the exact same way. If it is, and it still doesn't work, then I assume it's equipment failure.
  • Options
    chillchill Posts: 186
    Originally posted by DHawthorne
    My policy is, when I've done exactly the same thing with two devices, and one works and the other doesn't, is to first double and triple check I really did everything the exact same way. If it is, and it still doesn't work, then I assume it's equipment failure.

You're exactly right. I had two TPI4s and three panels, and no combination worked. It turned out that *all three* panels had bad touch overlays, right out of the box. I couldn't believe it.

Thanks.