Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Caddx Nx8e

Has anyone had any experience interfacing with the CADDX NX8E alarm panel? What hardware and configuration is required of the alarm panel? How is the Inconcert module?

Thanks
Ian

Comments

• Dear lan!

I use GE Networx Caddix systems with AMX. We are installing more systems. Inconcert file is available in AMX site.
    Search Device Type: Security Systems (Networx)

This file is very easy use and good controlling the Networx series.
    If this protocol is not enough to you,
    I have complete protocol document, if you need this please send mail to me.

Zolt?n Lancs?k
    InfoScreen Ltd.
    amx@infoscreen.hu
  • Zoltan
    Which CADDX piece(s) do you use to interface the serial control to the Netlinx 232 port?

Thanks
    Ian
  • Ian

We use NX-584 Home Automation module.
    But I think NX-8E main board is have one RS232 port, same working. We never try it.
    Better controlling mode: use this module.
    This is good gateway the security systems bus. All account is adjustable.

I' m now installing one big system: about 140 zone

Zolt
  • Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    We have an NX8E here in the office. It has the serial port on board, you just need the adapter to go from the 10pin interface on the board to a serial port. As I recall, getting anyone that was familiar with the part number of that cable was difficult, but it looks identical to what the old computer motherboards used for serial ports.

I did also recently configure an NX8 (not 8E) with the NX-584 and it worked well.

As for configuration of the serial port, the module documentation tells you what settings need to be changed. Also, if you need assistance programming the NX8E, GE's tech support was extremely helpfull.

Jeff
  • jimbrasjimbras Posts: 7
    GE Networx NX-8 232 Protocol

Does anyone still have a copy of the manufacturer's protocol doc? I have the AMX module which gets good reviews, but I would be more comfortable if I were the master of my own destiny. Thanks in advance.
  • CT-DallasCT-Dallas Posts: 157
    The actual 10pin to 232 cable is the P-0003 cable. Here is a generic one:
    http://www.easyadapters.com/proddetail.php?prod=MDB9-IDS10-1&PHPSESSID=2a6d058904cf2f8e612c4e3fedad72e1

I purchased one for my house off ebay - but they forgot to tell me it was already programmed and they didnt have the code... and 232 is disabled by default, so I was not able to write a loop trying different codes...

As I understand it, GE sells a device that will let me flash the firmware and reset it to defaults, but it has been a pain.
  • raulcq01raulcq01 Posts: 4
    hi everybody, i try to find the Inconcert module for GE Networx but it isn't at the AMX site, somebody can share it, greetings
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    raulcq01 wrote: »
    hi everybody, i try to find the Inconcert module for GE Networx but it isn't at the AMX site, somebody can share it, greetings

There are two versions for the CADIX on the AMX site. I just went to the "Search Third Party Devices" page and chose the "Security" device type and they showed up. Perhaps try that.