Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware AutoPatch Forum
Options

Need help with Precis 0804-547

according to datasheet the unit should have Digital volume control, but I cant get it going. In particular I cannot find any explanation/manual on how to set up/manage the slots/boards, as I think this is where the problem lies. In Xnet I can go into manage Board slots and exchange the Slot Stereo with Precis8x4Gain Control Audio, (which wasnt inserted when I bought it). BUt still having made that change I can not control the volume with the BCS codes.

Has anybody a more detailed manual on that or some other advice, would greatly appreciate it as the ability to control volume was the main reason that I bought it.

Personally I think the manual on that switch is a disgrace as it doesnt go into detail at all.

Thanks for helping.
Andy

Comments

• Options
    Precis manual
    aretassso wrote: »
    according to datasheet the unit should have Digital volume control, but I cant get it going. In particular I cannot find any explanation/manual on how to set up/manage the slots/boards, as I think this is where the problem lies. In Xnet I can go into manage Board slots and exchange the Slot Stereo with Precis8x4Gain Control Audio, (which wasnt inserted when I bought it). BUt still having made that change I can not control the volume with the BCS codes.

Has anybody a more detailed manual on that or some other advice, would greatly appreciate it as the ability to control volume was the main reason that I bought it.

Personally I think the manual on that switch is a disgrace as it doesnt go into detail at all.

Thanks for helping.
    Andy

Andy,

Welcome to the AMX forums and sorry you are having trouble with your Precis switcher. You should have received an instruction manual when you purchased the product which explains in great detail how to control the unit with BCS codes.

Volume control commands with example strings can be found on pages 19-23. Or perhaps you are having a cable or baud rate issue. Details on external control can be found on page 7.

If you are an end user, please contact your supplier for additional assistance. If you are an Autopatch dealer, then it should be clear on how to get tech support.