Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

R4 Queue Comm module

Okay,

Switching over to the R4 Comm module so I can play with browsing from the iPod. I can get that to work, but have made a mess out of the rest of my code!

In my main code I have things like
CREATE_LEVEL  dvtpR4FAM_MAIN, 1, dvTPArrayCurrentZone[8]

I use this to store what room the remote/touchscreen is currently controlling. On connection it fills it with the default:
SEND_LEVEL dvtpR4FAM_MAIN, FamilyRoom.zoneID
SEND_LEVEL dvtpR4FAM_MAIN, autopatchVolumeArray[FamilyRoom.audioSwitcherOutput]

The R4 Comm module is setup and the _MAIN is mapped to port 1. Should I just be able to switch references of dvTPR4FAM_MAIN to vdvR4Comm_MAIN and it will work? Because, well, it doesn't :)

It seems levels are confusing me, I remapped my levels to be low numbers (under 10) so that should not be an issue. Am I doing something fundamentally wrong?

Comments

• DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I've not used levels with an R4, but I had no problem at all with that module just substituting the virtual for the real device references ... except in one particular: the DO_PUSH function won't work with the virtual, you have to send it a real device. So, perhaps the module doesn't support levels either? Talking to the real device may bypass the queue, but if you aren't doing it for everything, you should be OK. I think in any case, it was primarily intended for send_commands and variable texts. Channels and levels shouldn't really need a queue anyway.
  • TrikinCurtTrikinCurt Posts: 158
    DHawthorne wrote: »
    I've not used levels with an R4, but I had no problem at all with that module just substituting the virtual for the real device references ... except in one particular: the DO_PUSH function won't work with the virtual, you have to send it a real device. So, perhaps the module doesn't support levels either? Talking to the real device may bypass the queue, but if you aren't doing it for everything, you should be OK. I think in any case, it was primarily intended for send_commands and variable texts. Channels and levels shouldn't really need a queue anyway.

Thanks Dave, that is where I ran into trouble. I have some DO_PUSH statements that seemed to be doing nothing (apparently they were!). It also seems that the CREATE_LEVEL doesn't work either. I suppose there is no harm in just doing that direct to the device, I was just trying to keep it clean and send 100% through the module, but perhaps that was a bad approach.

Thanks,