Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products
Options

R4 Display Timeout Command?

I just went through R4 section of the PI looking for a run time command that would allow me to change the display timeout of the remote but couldn't find anything. Does any one know if such a command exists cuz it's quite possible it's in the there and I just over looked it.

I have a customer who's complaining about the R4's battery life and me thinks when I was there a few weeks ago and uploaded a new file I left the diplay timeout at 0. BTW this time I could not for the life of me connect through TPD4 and had to go in through NS2.

So I would really like to reset the timeout w/o a road trip so any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    vining wrote: »
    I just went through R4 section of the PI looking for a run time command that would allow me to change the display timeout of the remote but couldn't find anything. Does any one know if such a command exists cuz it's quite possible it's in the there and I just over looked it.

I have a customer who's complaining about the R4's battery life and me thinks when I was there a few weeks ago and uploaded a new file I left the diplay timeout at 0.
    AFAIK, no such command exists for any panel. If you want to avoid further hassles you may want to consider:

A) Take a copy of the display timeout controls from the setup pages and paste them into your file so that the user can make adjustments.

Or

B) Build your own timeout by doing something like this:
    DEFINE_DEVICE

dvTP	= 10001:1:0

DEFINE_VARIABLE

INTEGER nTPTimeout = 100 //10 seconds

DEFINE_EVENT

DATA_EVENT[dvTP] {

ONLINE: {
          WAIT nTPTimeout 'TP_Timeout' SEND_COMMAND dvTP,'SLEEP'
       }

OFFLINE: {
          CANCEL_WAIT 'TP_Timeout'   
       }

}

BUTTON_EVENT[dvTP,0] {  //trap every button push

PUSH: {
          CANCEL_WAIT 'TP_Timeout'
          WAIT nTPTimeout 'TP_Timeout' SEND_COMMAND dvTP,'SLEEP'
       }

}

• Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Yeah, either method would have been nice to implement had I foreseen my stupidity. Of course all the annoying little steps required to transfer files, that is, when you can actually connect to these remotes does lend itself to these sorts of screw ups.

I could also just create my own "COMMAND" handler in a data_event to handle my own send_commands and then in an online event send the command just in case I should forget again to reset the time out value in the future. Giving the user limited ability to adjust the time out wouldn't be bad thing to do as well but that requires a site visit and a file transfer and I don't particularly enjoy connecting to these remotes.

Thanks for your input Joe.