Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products

TP4-wish list

Hello All
I know that there is a forms thread for 'studio' wish list features but I didn't see one for TP4.(OKay, there most likely is but I didn't see it. I would like the ability to 'group' a number of buttons together as one and un-group them if need be.

Comments

• Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    mpullin wrote: »
    How about the ability to copy and paste pages?
    Ummm, you can copy and paste without problems. You can right-click, use the edit pull down menu, or even use CTRL-C and CTRL-V. I do it all of the time. Unless you are thinking about that awful imitation of a design tool known as KeypadBuilder :)

Jeff
  • ImpaqtImpaqt Posts: 155
    MERGE Panels.

Copy and Paste is there.. But especially when I'm integrating Panels that have Multiple pages to control devices a Merge Panels funtion would be a Welcome addition.
  • mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    Oops, you're right Jeff. Copying & Pasting has just been confirmed to work by me.
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    Just curious . . . is AMX's name Panja again?
    jjames wrote: »
    Just curious . . . is AMX's name Panja again?
    No, why would it be?
    No, why would it be?

Oh . . . my bad.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    jjames wrote: »
    Oh . . . my bad.

I still remember one of my trips to Dallas where one of the sales people had a "Sorry about the Panja thing..." button
    :D
    ericmedley wrote: »
    I still remember one of my trips to Dallas where one of the sales people had a "Sorry about the Panja thing..." button

Haha - nice.

Here's a wish for TPD4 . . . show my images in groups. I'd like to go into resource manager, and make folders so I can go through my resources much easier. I'm tired of naming all my buttons with a prefix just to have them organized.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Impaqt wrote: »
    MERGE Panels.

Copy and Paste is there.. But especially when I'm integrating Panels that have Multiple pages to control devices a Merge Panels funtion would be a Welcome addition.

I second that ... I went into great detail on the subject once upon a time, so I'm not going to repeat it here, but we badly need this to avoid having to manually cut and paste dozens of pages every time we add a panel-intensive device to a project.

Here's another thing I'm sure I mentioned elsewhere: can we please not have TPD4 grab focus whenever it saves or loads a project? I would really like to click and move on to something else, not have to stare at my screen while it decides it's OK for me to actually be productive.
    DHawthorne wrote: »
    Here's another thing I'm sure I mentioned elsewhere: can we please not have TPD4 grab focus whenever it saves or loads a project? I would really like to click and move on to something else, not have to stare at my screen while it decides it's OK for me to actually be productive.
    This doesn't happen for me, when I double click a panel from NS, I see the tab for TPD4 flash orange at me but it doesn't open by force.
  • jweatherjweather Posts: 320
    There is an XP setting that affects applications trying to grab input focus. It is also accessible in TweakUI under General/Prevent applications from stealing focus. The registry setting is ForegroundLockTimeout. When it is set to 0, taskbar entries will flash rather than the application stealing focus.
  • How about the biggest(in my opinion).....No auto save. I dont want to have to think more than I already do.
  • Thomas HayesThomas Hayes Posts: 1,164
    ericmedley wrote: »

I was doing my Prog.1 course the day that Scott Miller returned to the company and renamed it AMX. talk about a company going wild.
    jweather wrote: »
    There is an XP setting that affects applications trying to grab input focus. It is also accessible in TweakUI under General/Prevent applications from stealing focus. The registry setting is ForegroundLockTimeout. When it is set to 0, taskbar entries will flash rather than the application stealing focus.

I have this set. Regardless, if I click the load button in TPD,then switch back to NS. three seconds later, TPD has the focus, is in the foreground, and I have to watch it save temp files for a few seconds while I wait. Often, the screen doesn't draw at this point, and I have empty TPD windows to stare at. It's only a few seconds, but I find it extremely irritating.
  • It'd be nice if icons didn't copy themselves all over the slot assignment chart whenever a page was copied containing icons. Especially on a page or popup where there's 10-20+ instances of an icon, it can be pretty annoying to have the icon copy itself multiple times in the slots, have to delete all but one, then redirect the buttons back to the single icon. I've seen instances as well where icons are lost due to other icons being copied over their slot.

So yes, that'd be much appreciated. And I certainly second the idea of being able to group things together, and having directories within TP4 - they don't even have to be real directories; just have the appearance of such within TP4.
    It'd be nice if icons didn't copy themselves all over the slot assignment chart whenever a page was copied containing icons. Especially on a page or popup where there's 10-20+ instances of an icon, it can be pretty annoying to have the icon copy itself multiple times in the slots, have to delete all but one, then redirect the buttons back to the single icon. I've seen instances as well where icons are lost due to other icons being copied over their slot.

So yes, that'd be much appreciated. And I certainly second the idea of being able to group things together, and having directories within TP4 - they don't even have to be real directories; just have the appearance of such within TP4.

Actually, that's not a bug. It's the slot number that is copied, not the icon itself. If the slot is empty, it will make a copy of the bitmap and assign it to that slot, otherwise it will use whatever is already assigned. It can't tell if a bitmap of the same name is the same picture, so it's safe to make a copy rather than overwrite it. The only real workaround for this is to use the bitmap field rather than an icon slot. Icon slots are partly depreciated; the only real reason to use them is if you need two images on the same button (which itself is a bit of a kludge ... with transparent backgrounds it's just as easy to overlay another button).
    All of that can be avoided by pressing F9, and change the paste option of the icons.
  • All true, all good. Well, I learned something.

Here's something I'm pretty sure I haven't missed: It'd be great to be able to set text margins on a button. There are times where text can easily run off the edge of what graphically makes sense on a button, so in such instances it'd be nice to use a dialog like the one used for setting absolution justification to set the margins. I realize a workaround is to have a second button on top of the button containing the graphic, but hey, that's why this is called a 'Wish List', right? :)
  • chillchill Posts: 186
    Hello All
    I know that there is a forms thread for 'studio' wish list features but I didn't see one for TP4.(OKay, there most likely is but I didn't see it. I would like the ability to 'group' a number of buttons together as one and un-group them if need be.

Yeah there was a tp4 wishlist thread, but I'm too lazy to look for it right now :^)

Once again, my wish is for tp4 to lose the file locking. I normally have both my touchpanel and my program open, changing both as I go. It would *really* be nice to be able to do anything with the tp4 file (export workspace, copy/paste file, even load the panel from Studio) without first closing it in tp4.

I can understand a write lock, sort of, but a read lock makes no sense whatsoever.
    chill wrote: »
    Once again, my wish is for tp4 to lose the file locking. I normally have both my touchpanel and my program open, changing both as I go. It would *really* be nice to be able to do anything with the tp4 file (export workspace, copy/paste file, even load the panel from Studio) without first closing it in tp4.
    Or, and I've said this before, File Transfer should at least warn you or give you the opportunity to abort your send if it stumbles upon a locked file, as opposed to continue the operation without the file, making you wait for your master to reboot before sending the panel file :( As it is right now, you see
    FILE SKLDJFFGH.TP4 IS IN USE AND CANNOT BE TRANSFERRED!! YOU FAIL!

Choose one of the following:
    1. Ok.
  • slip couganslip cougan Posts: 34
    Hi new member

Greetings - new here, names Gary.

Here's my biggest gripe - button graphic options:
    * Resize button to fit graphic
    * Resize graphic to fit button
    * Custom size
    * Original size.

Regards

gary
  • yuriyuri Posts: 861
    Or, and I've said this before, File Transfer should at least warn you or give you the opportunity to abort your send if it stumbles upon a locked file, as opposed to continue the operation without the file, making you wait for your master to reboot before sending the panel file :( As it is right now, you see

epic fail! ;)