Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Bang-Olufsen and nakamichi control

Hi all.

Did anyone controlled on of Bang & Olufsen or Nakamichi Video Displays? I'm interested in BeoVision 4, 9 and Nakamichi's Kimono 42 and 47 Displays. I'му got an email from B&O customer support today and it's said that they aren't allowed to give me that codes. :( I hoped maybe someone somehow got 232 protocol...

Comments

• DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Unless they have changed something in the last 5 years since we spun off our B&O dealership to specialty stores, you can forget using IR for B&O products. They do not use a standard format nor frequency; most off the shelf IR products won't talk to them.

B&O also has a partnership with the big C for touch-panel and integration suites. My company's owner, who owns quite a few of the B&O specialty stores (or did at one time) and still works closely with them, talked to me about two years ago about working out an AMX control suite, but it would seem the B&O people balked, and nothing came of it. So, I don't expect any official support from them, they seem to want to stay exclusive to C.
  • KimKim Posts: 52
    B & O

Hello!
    Beovision normally controlled from IR and you can download ir file from amx.com
    Forget find rs232 protocol :)
    Best regards
  • Thank you, guys.