Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

LON HVAC on Lennox/Sanyo

Does anyone have any experience with this communication protocol? Any information about protocol would be greatly apprecieated.

thanks!

Comments

• There are several threads about LON in the forum, maybe you'll directly find the information you need.

Comm-Tec in Germany has an Interface CTG-LON/II with module.

If you need further assistance, feel free to pm me (I was the developer of the CTG-LON when I still worked at Comm-Tec).

Best regards,
  • glr-ftiglr-fti Posts: 286
    I've used the Comm-Tec Ctg-Lon. It works perfectly. I needed 3 of their Gateways for the number of SNVT's involved. A few minor modifications for my environment and everything works great.
  • thomodthomod Posts: 11
    Strange, I was just researching LonWorks for an upcoming project and didn't even think to see if there was anyone doing something with AMX already, glad I saw this post. I'm looking to interface with a server that various Lonworks aware devices talk to: http://www.echelon.com/products/cis/

Anyone had experience with this or similar data collecting servers?
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Thanks for all the posts. I guess the info I was searching for was a bit more simple. I have almost no experience with the LON system. The information I was seeking was on things like:

Is there a posted protocol on how to send commands to and receieve data from the system?

The situtation I'm in is a large home that is putting in a multi-zone system by Sanyo that utilizes the lON system. The only things we need to provide on the AMX system are the current temp in each zone, heat and cool set points. We do not intend on any control beyond that. I'm not looking for a full implimentation.

That kind of information seems more dificult to find. What frightens me about the system is that the architect specing the system knows even les than I on the matter.
  • ericmedley wrote: »
    Thanks for all the posts. I guess the info I was searching for was a bit more simple. I have almost no experience with the LON system. The information I was seeking was on things like:

Is there a posted protocol on how to send commands to and receieve data from the system?

The situtation I'm in is a large home that is putting in a multi-zone system by Sanyo that utilizes the lON system. The only things we need to provide on the AMX system are the current temp in each zone, heat and cool set points. We do not intend on any control beyond that. I'm not looking for a full implimentation.

That kind of information seems more dificult to find. What frightens me about the system is that the architect specing the system knows even les than I on the matter.

The protocol is named "LonTalk(R)", which works comparable to IP. It is officially documented, but I don't think that it would be funny to program a full working LonTalk stack in NetLinx ;)