Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Port Forwarding

Dear All,
We have an adsl router which does not have a static WAN IP and it is changed after a reset. We have already made an account on www.dyndns.org and we are now having access on this router through its host name. We have also made a port forwarding for port 1319 to a NetLinx IP with success.
My question is, can we make a port forwarding to many NetLinx controllers with different IP's and the same port-1319 or we must change every NetLinx port and re-make a port forward for every new NetLinx port (1319,1320,etc) for avery NetLinx IP?

Regards,
George

Comments

• ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Dear All,
    We have an adsl router which does not have a static WAN IP and it is changed after a reset. We have already made an account on www.dyndns.org and we are now having access on this router through its host name. We have also made a port forwarding for port 1319 to a NetLinx IP with success.
    My question is, can we make a port forwarding to many NetLinx controllers with different IP's and the same port-1319 or we must change every NetLinx port and re-make a port forward for every new NetLinx port (1319,1320,etc) for avery NetLinx IP?

Regards,
    George

You can do it at the local level (LAN) but you'll need to have different ports on the WAN side.

So for example:

WANIP:port 10001 forwarded to - Master 1 - IP: xxx.yyy.zzz.101 port 1319
    WANIP:port 10002 forwarded to - Master 2 - IP: xxx.yyy.zzz.103 port 1319
    WANIP:port 10003 forwarded to - Master 3 - IP: xxx.yyy.zzz.103 port 1319
    etc...
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    It really depends on what the router supports. Some simply won't do what Eric describes, though that is a good solution if it's available. For multiple systems, the very best solution is VPN, not port forwarding ... but that isn't always an option either. What I have done when stuck with a sub-par router is to enable remote administration so I can just change the forwarding as needed.