Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads Residential Forum

Siedle Door Bell / Entry System Integration

Hello everyone I was wondering if anyone has integrated a Siedle Entry System. I was at a job tonight which is a MDU project. I am looking at taking over the unit for a unhappy client. The basic package includes a 5" panel and NI700. At the current time the only operation they really have working is the video feed from the camera in the unit and the ability to release the door strike.

There is no NXA-AVB break out box feeding the composite camera feed to the panel. The quick thinking would be video feed and a relay for the door but that is not the case.

I was able to find a module for *******

If anyone has work with this some feedback would be helpful.

Thanks

Jim

Comments

• fitzgibbon wrote: »
    Hello everyone I was wondering if anyone has integrated a Siedle Entry System. I was at a job tonight which is a MDU project. I am looking at taking over the unit for a unhappy client. The basic package includes a 5" panel and NI700. At the current time the only operation they really have working is the video feed from the camera in the unit and the ability to release the door strike.

There is no NXA-AVB break out box feeding the composite camera feed to the panel. The quick thinking would be video feed and a relay for the door but that is not the case.

I was able to find a module for *******

If anyone has work with this some feedback would be helpful.

Thanks

Jim
    Find attached a diagram with 2 solutions. If you need additional information, let me know.
  • Rich AbelRich Abel Posts: 104
    Siedle DoorCom

Hi Marc.

To prepare for a project that will involve Siedle video door phones, I was looking for additional information on the DoorCom gateway product. The Siedle catalog and web site don't seem to have any information on this unit. Is the DoorCom OEM referenced in the diagrams from your post a custom device from Siedle?

There is mention of integration with AMX and Cr******, in the Siedle materials, but not much more than that.

The Netlinx module just refers to the Siedle DoorCom and Siedle SCP Protocol, Rev 1.0.2.

I'm in the planning stages, but need to be able to scope the programming task and understand the functionality I'll be able to deliver on AMX touch panels.

If you can point me toward a source of info (at Siedle or AMX), I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Rich Abel
    Cello Technologies, Inc.
    Seattle
  • This is the corresponding press release: http://www.siedle.com/App/WebObjects/XSeMIPS.woa/cms/page/locale.enGB/pid.221.227.260.1264.1304.868/ecm.p/System-connection-to-the-intelligent-home.html

Currently only the analog solution is available (diagram page 2). This means that only panels with analog A/V inputs (TPIs, panels w/ NXA-AVB) are supported, and depending on the amount of panels, a A/V matrix switcher may be required to manage the routing.

Technical data, pricing, etc.of the gateway you may have to request directly from Siedle www.Siedle.com
  • Rich AbelRich Abel Posts: 104
    Siedle - integration with AMX TPs

I see that they have a SIP / IP solution. That might be a more effective way to accomplish integration of their entry systems with the intercom capable TPs.

Thanks.