Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

IR Flashers

Greetings,

Does anyone have a suggestion for affixing IR flashers that is more reliable. We have had problems with many falling off of equipment. We considered super glue, but that is too perminent in the event of flasher failure.

Let me know what is working for you!

Thanks in adavance,
Dave Ohlendorf

ACE Programmer

Comments

• Options
    Thomas HayesThomas Hayes Posts: 1,164
    Hi Dave
    This same issuse was posted some time ago and I don't believe that there was any really good solutions offered. Super glue was suggested but that is too permanent. Have you thought about using an IR blaster located else where that could be better secured?
  • Options
    davieodavieo Posts: 42
    Well we do really enjoy devices that have rear IR inputs, but they are not always available. If only customers would just buy what we suggest without asking questions...
  • Options
    If you find any customers like that let me know. Even here in the University I have people with Doctral degrees in advanced basket weaving telling me how to do my job and what to order. have you tried a small dab of silicone chaulking?
  • Options
    Open up the device and glue the emitter directly near the sensor, wire it to the rear and take it from there ... :)
  • Options
    davieodavieo Posts: 42
    That works great until the emitter fails....
  • Options
    If your going to do that much work to open the unit you might as well hard wire a 3.5 mini jack into the back of the unit. I've done this before but there are warranty issuses.
  • Options
    A simple very slight smear of clear silicon will do the job perfectly.
    It (the silicon) is temperature tolerent, easily removed and easy to reapply, as long as you carry your tube of silicon in your kit.
    Good luck.