Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools

Button Graphics Vanishing

I just had a weird thing happen. I had a touch panel file that looked normal in TPD4, but when I sent it to the panel, one of the button graphics seemed to be missing. I figured that maybe the graphic files were corrupted, so I got new files and imported them with a different name. I then went to do a find and replace, but I was told 0 instances found. It was at that point that I realized that the Bitmap that was assigned to the buttons had a different case than the graphic file in the resource manager. I don't think this will cause a problem in windows, but the minute it gets to the touch panel (which I think uses Linux), the case difference causes a problem.

I renamed the file from FileName_off.png to FileName_.png. Then I renamed it from FileName_.png to FileName_OFF.png. I thought this might fix the problem on the touch panel, so I sent it over. That didn't work! I was perplexed, so I went ahead and did the find/replace and switched to the files I imported. I sent and everything worked. Then it dawned on me.... I was using the quick transfer. My theory is that TPD4 does not resend the files with the different case and that is the root cause of my problem.

If I had more time, I would test this theory out. As for how the case difference came into being... I am not sure, but this touch panel file has been transferred between a couple different computers.

Jeff

Comments

• yuriyuri Posts: 861
    You have the same problem when you try to rename a page, say, from CAMERA to Camera. It won't work, just have to rename to something else first.
  • def90def90 Posts: 14
    I get the same bug once in a while, it seems that if I cut and paste buttons occasionally while designing or changing my panels then when I download the new panel file to the panel the graphics randomly disappear from some buttons or get replaced with another graphic.. I also occasionally get the same thing happening in TPD4 itself, I will open an page and some of the button icons will have changed..