Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Convert to AMX IR code

Dear all,
do anyone of you know how can we convert an IR code of this form - 50AF 21DE - to an AMX IR one?
We found some discrete codes for Hitachi LCD's from Hitachi site but we can not convert them.

Thanks in advance,
George

Comments

• ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    IR Edit does allow you to enter raw HEX codes into a channel. This is done by selecting a channel, clicking the 'HEX" icon. You'll then be asked to give it a name. ex: Power On

Then you paste in (or heaven help you, type it in by hand) the hex code.

If the code is accepted, you're through.

There is nothing to help you beyond that. YOu can't edit or modify the code. That feature lack is annoying to say the least.

I recommend that you go to http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/files/rcfiles.cgi?area=pronto&db=discrete&br=hitachi and copy/paste whatever descrete codes you need.

Hope that helps.
    e
  • Eric,
    I have already gone to this link on the remotecentral but these codes do not work on my TV. I know this procedure for editing hex codes in the IREdit, but in the attached file you can see that these codes are not in the AMX IREdit form. Codes like '50AF 21DE' mean something like '0001 0034 0028 .....etc'
    Can we convert them on this form?

George
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Eric,
    I have already gone to this link on the remotecentral but these codes do not work on my TV. I know this procedure for editing hex codes in the IREdit, but in the attached file you can see that these codes are not in the AMX IREdit form. Codes like '50AF 21DE' mean something like '0001 0034 0028 .....etc'
    Can we convert them on this form?

George

I'm sorry. I've not seen IR codes like this before. Perhaps they all have the same prefix hex codes and these are the data portion of the code.
  • They are most likely short form device/function codes. You'll need to use something like MakeHex or a similar program to generate the long-form pronto hex that you can then paste into IR Edit.

There are a number of very good guys on the RC forums that really know how to work with those codes and the MakeHex programs. Try and get one of them to help you out.

Brad