Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

MVP8400 Crash

Dear All,

I'm curently programming an MVP8400, and i have to activate popups programatically. I'm using this commands:

SEND_COMMAND dvTP,"'@PPX' " // to desactivate all popup
SEND_COMMAND dvTP,"'@PPN-BasicMenu'" // to display the wanted popup

And after 1 to 10 uses of theses commands my panel is crashing (have to unplug the power cable and remove the batteries).

could someone help me?

Best Regards

Comments

• Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    A couple things that I don't know for sure will help but might.

1 double check which panel firmware you have and make sure you're current. Some of the recent firmware upgrades deal with panel lockups.

not knowing what's going on with your program, you might introduce a small wait so your two commands have a bit of room to get through. I do a lot of chattering with my touch panels and have found that I need to slow down the communications a bit for the wireless touch panels.

So, you might try something like:
    SEND_COMMAND dvTP,"'@PPX' " // to desactivate all popup
    WAIT 1
      {
       SEND_COMMAND dvTP,"'@PPN-BasicMenu'" // to display the wanted popup
      }

That one tick will not be noticeable to they eye but might give the TP the breathing room to get the job done.

Having said all this, I still think you might have other issues. Sending two commands as you have done shouldn't lock up the panel.
  • Options
    Maybe by accident the command(s) are sent multiple, and the internal command handler is overrun. Check the Commands sent to the panel by NetLinx notifiaction.

Next would be to do a telnet connection to the panel and type MSG ON ALL<enter>. Now you'll get listed debug messages from internal processing (similar to the MSG ON to a master). Please record the messages and check what are the last messages right before the panel locks up.
  • Options
    Solved

Thanks for your help.

The WAIT solution is working !!!
  • Options
    gusgizmogusgizmo Posts: 15
    I highly recommend writing a command queue with a time-line for this sort of thing. Then you can just pound a virtual device with messages, and not have to worry about it. This is really nice when you start taking advantage of for loops and the like, since you don't have to worry about passing variables into a wait and whatnot. Also, it will mean that you will only have a single variable to tune for performance, so as you add more panels you can just increase the time between sending messages to keep things stable.

Honestly, I bet this sounds like a lot of work, but you will run into the limitations of wait statements really fast. The sooner you get on the time-line train the more productive you will be.