Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

Is it possible to....

Can anyone tell me if its possible to lock-out/disable the program port of a master?

Comments

• Options
    Jimweir192Jimweir192 Posts: 502
    You can apply security settings to the programming port via the Master's Security Options.

Full details are in the Netlinx NIxxxx Manual under security, be very careful though!!!
  • Options
    You can secure the Programming port by the security setup webpages of the master (see attached screenshot). With this setting, only RS232 Terminal is blocked.

The RS232 terminal contains a secusity setup menu, from which you can turn off and modify the security settings. So personally I would let open the Programming port, because it is the last chance to reset the security settings if you lost your admin account data.
  • Options
    Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    Speaking from experience, BE VERY CAREFUL locking out this port. If you have any problems here, you will have to send the unit in to be wiped clean before you can access it again. If you are looking at this from a security stand point, you could simply not upload the source files which would prevent someone from extracting your code. If, on the other hand, you are worried about someone monitoring communications, I would say you have bigger security problems if they can get access to the programming port.

Jeff
  • Options
    Rod NRod N Posts: 28
    Next possibility....

Thanks all for your replies... its oviously possible... but!
    which leads to the next question....

Is it possible via code?