Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

Tech Electroinics Insight System Control Issues

I have an Insight 350 (keyboard and video sharing) system that we have integrated into a large AV multiroom system being run by a Netlinx card cage. We have the Tech Electronics system control box in the training room and the control system in a separate equipment room. I can send Instructor video to all students via the touch panel but when I put the system in student to the instructor mode and try to send a student to instructor I get a cable disconnected message on the instructor monitor. Via HyperTerminal I can enter the factory test menu on the system control box and select student to instructor from the test menu and everything works perfectly so hardware or cabling does not seem to be an issue. I can manually issue the commands and the system works sometimes. But never from the control system. I have watched the strings from the controller and they look fine. To program the system we used the axcess code block from Tech Elec as a module in the Netlinx program so it's their code. Many of the functions for this piece work fine from the touch panel so again it does not look like a cable issue. I tried connecting an EM232 box to the system controller in the training room with the original code block and had the same problems.The company is now Visix and has washed it's hands of this product so I have no tech help at all. Does anyone have any experience with this product?

Rich Oehlerich
AMX ACE 2001