Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Sony EVID-70 and AMX Module

Greetings,

Has anyone had experience with the Sony EVID-70 camera with the v1.3 AMX comm module?

I have one of these cameras connected via RS422 using the RXD and TXD in terminals of the camera. I am using only the comm module at this point with no other code. When the system comes on line I get two RXD flashes on the master indicating some communication, but none of the send commands work. Commands go out to the camera, but the camera does not respond or acknowledge.

Any ideas?

Comments

• PetarPetar Posts: 14
    At this moment I've programmed the same camera.
    I either don't receive any signals at all. I dont got any idea why this is happening.

But the camera works :P
  • Hello,

I've programmed quite a view of those camera's, D70 or BRC300. They work fine with the AMX V1.3 module. I remember though, that to get the RS422 connection to work, you not only have to swap the RX and TX pins (logical) but also the + and - pins (not very logical). So RX+ on the camera should be connected to TX- (pin 9) on the controller, the same goes for the rest of the pins. You probably found it, but there is a tiny dip switch at the bottom of the camera that has to be set for RS422 as well.(also controls 9600/38400bps communication speed). IIRC on the BRC300 they even got the input/output part labeled wrong on the camera, so maybe some experimenting may be necessary.

In the define device section you still need two devices if you only control one camera, but they can use the same port. if you use more than one camera, daisy chained, you need two ports.

so for one camera, ie.:
    DEFINE_DEVICE

dvCam01In     = 5001:1:5  //sony evi-d70 rs422     (9600,8,N,1)
    dvCam01Out  = 5001:1:5  //sony evi-d70 rs422     (9600,8,N,1)

vdvCam01      = 33001:1:5 //virtual cam

DEFINE_START

DEFINE_MODULE 'Sony_EVI-D70_Comm' D70COMM1(vdvCam01,dvCam01In,dvCam01Out)

HTH,

Richard Herman