Home NetLinx Studio

Weird Problem

Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Formerly Caffeinated ProgrammerPosts: 1,917
Ok, I'll try to explain this as best I can. I am working on a project in NetLinx Studio 2.2. I make good use of the expand/collapse feature and this is what caused me to notice the problem. I opened one of my include files, clicked the minimize button and was shocked to not see my DEFINE_EVENT section. I was using this file yesterday and everything showed up fine. I tried the maximize all, then the minimize, then the rescan file and nothing fixed it. Then I tried deleting the DEFINE_EVENT and retyping it. When I did this, I saw the normal autocomplete window and it was missing DEFINE_EVENT (also DEFINE_TYPE). The really odd thing is that this only seems to be affecting the include files in this one project. I opened a different project and everything seemed to be ok.

Ok, that was REALLY odd. I tried to compile just to see if it would work and it gave me an error about an include file missing (as it should have). I removed the INCLUDE line , then pushed compile again. It still gave me the error. I noticed that it didn't autosave the files like it normally does. I clicked the save all button, then for giggles opened up the affected file and everything seemed fixed. I tried to compile again and saw that the original error was telling me that the file was still listed in the project. I removed the file and compile worked fine, but my problem seems to have been fixed by clicking the save all button.

Sorry to make this such a long winded post. I still don't know what caused the original problem, but it's fixed now. If anyone knows, I'd be interested in finding out so I don't repeat the same mistake.

Jeff

Comments

  • RichieGRichieG Junior Member Posts: 16
    I've had that happen to me.

    I can't remember how I fixed it, i'm pretty sure I just shutdown Netlinx Studio, and re-opened the workspace.
  • Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Formerly Caffeinated Programmer Posts: 1,917
    I did restart Studio and I even went as far as restarting my computer. I have since reopened the file and it is continuing to exhibit those problems. As it annoys me more, I'm sure I will try other things. If I do happen to narrow it down to something repeatable, I'll be sure to post it.
  • mediapilotincmediapilotinc Junior Member Posts: 82
    I have seen similar Netlinx Studio behavior: sometimes complete lines will disappear. Noticed it when minimizing the code using the big red minus icon; all of a sudden my define_program section would disappear.

    Found that the lines could be restored by using a simple cut and paste command.

    Select a line above the missing section, make your selection by holding the <shift> key and click on a line below the missing section. Select Cut (CTRL-X), then Paste (CTRL-V) and all of a sudden the entire section is back, including the missing lines.

    This seems to be a Netlinx "feature" that hopefully will be fixed in an upcoming version.
  • Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Formerly Caffeinated Programmer Posts: 1,917
    Thanks for the info, I'll give that a shot.

    Jeff
Sign In or Register to comment.