Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware AutoPatch Forum

Handling power on/off with PrecisLT

I'm working on my first Autopatch Precis LT 8x8.
Only using Video switching, so I decided to write my own controls instead of using the AMX Duet module.

Unless I missed something, there is no command to control the power state of the unit. How do you guys usually handle this?

Thanks,

PEP

Comments

• a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    Why would you want to turn it off? It's a switch.
  • Pep_SDPep_SD Posts: 106
    The switch will be in an apartment rented for special events - it might stayed unoccupied for several days/weeks between events.
    So we need to check and control remotely the power status of all the equipment.
  • a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    If it were me I would still leave it on. If you absolutely must turn it off, then a relay is likely your only choice as I cannot find a command in the BCS. A call to AMX might be in order though as the command may exist but just isn't published.
    Paul
  • shr00m-dewshr00m-dew Posts: 394
    You'll have to plug it into a relayed controlled outlet then..

Woops, Paul snuck a reply in there on me..

Kevin D.
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    It doesn't switch off except for the physical switch on the back of the device. I poll mine sequentially through the outputs so in my case it needs to stay on. The polling I do isn't really necassary so if you want to be energy efficient you could use a trigger controlled power conditioner or something like the device in this link:
    http://amxforums.com/showthread.php?t=4080

Then you could shut down everything except the master or even the master if you want and turn them on remotely prior to the apartment being occupied. I personally would leave the master running and send out occassional updates on the system/apartment status. If nothing else I'd have it send out a weekly email saying "hello, I'm still up and runing, please come and visit!".