Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Applications and Solutions

Keypad Builder Install Trouble

Greetings,

I'm installing ketpad builder on a freshly buily XP SP3 machine. During installation the program slows down as it skips many files for install. I'm up to about seven minutes and still going.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Comments

• Having the same problems with Vista.... Did you find a solution?
  • TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    It finally comlpeted its install after twenty minutes or so. I have yet to go to Vista, I'm in no rush.
  • When I read my install dialogue, it says skipping file... when it slows down.
  • TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    kbeattyAMX wrote: »
    When I read my install dialogue, it says skipping file... when it slows down.

Same thing that happens here. It will finish eventually. Be patient. Let it run over dinner!
  • bjraybjray Posts: 2
    Solution!

Ok. I realize that I am replying to a thread that's about 3 years old. However, no solution has been posted that I could find and I ran into this issue recently.

I am running Windows 7 x64. I also am running XP mode and could not install Keypad Builder in either one!

The install would run, but about a quarter way through it would say something to the effect of "skipping files.." and it would slow down and run the CPU almost 100% and never would finish!

Steps to resolve:
    In windows explorer, navigate to:
    Windows 7 = C:\Program Files (x86)\AMX Control Disc ---> and delete the folder reference of Keypad Builder
    Windows XP = C:\Program Files\AMX Control Disc ---> and delete the folder Keypad Builder

Then navigate to:
    Windows 7 = C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\AMXShare ---> and delete the folder Keypad Builder Support Files
    Windows XP = C:\Program Files\Common Files\AMXShare ---> and delete the folder Keypad Builder Support Files

Finally, install (or reinstall) the program Keypad Builder.

It should complete in less than 1 minute!

Till next time,

Brandon
  • AuserAuser Posts: 506
    Nice, thanks for the tip.