Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products
Options

Firmware V2.72.11 & FTP xfers !!!

It appears this firmware doesn't allow FTP or HTTP transfer from the master even when set up correctly in the resource manager. At least while using a NXD-1700VG.

See post.
http://amxforums.com/showthread.php?p=28108#post28108

I haven't tried to reload the firmware yet to see if it was possibly corrupt and maybe I'll just stay with V2.72.8 since I've waisted enough time.

Comments

• Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Does any one know if the VG firmware V2.72.8 has the button feedback problem above 500? Rolling back to this firmware may have fixed my FTP issue but now I think I got that feedback problem.

I really wish AMX would start spending money on fixing all these bugs they keep dumping on us and not on buying new companies for awhile. I see bad things in the future if this continues!
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    vining wrote: »
    Does any one know if the VG firmware V2.72.8 has the button feedback problem above 500? Rolling back to this firmware may have fixed my FTP issue but now I think I got that feedback problem.

I really wish AMX would start spending money on fixing all these bugs they keep dumping on us and not on buying new companies for awhile. I see bad things in the future if this continues!

I have several MVP-8400s with the newer firmware and they all have button feedback issues above 500.
  • Options
    GSLogicGSLogic Posts: 562
    ericmedley wrote: »
    I have several MVP-8400s with the newer firmware and they all have button feedback issues above 500.

The new firmware v2.84.17 for the 8400 fixes the button issue.

http://www.amxforums.com/showthread.php?t=4116
  • Options
    Well I was able to fix the button channels above 500 problem by using:

SET_VIRTUAL_CHANNEL_COUNT (DATA.DEVICE,1240)

Although it's a real device not a virutal it still seems to do the trick. I recall reading another thread posted some time ago where the poster used this on a real device to fix some problem, might have been the same problem but I don't remember.

Of course if they would fix the FTP issue on the newest VG firmware this never wouldn't have been an issue.

Does any one have any VG panels running the newest firmware that they can test retrieving FTP Dynamic Images from the master with. I'd like to see if maybe it's just me and not the firmware. Of course I could call TS and see if they've heard about or have seen this issue but I don't normally call TS for anything.
  • Options
    Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    I recall reading another thread posted some time ago where the poster used this on a real device to fix some problem, might have been the same problem but I don't remember.
    <Raising Hand>

http://amxforums.com/showthread.php?t=874
  • Options
    Yep, I do believe that was the post. I guess I owe you a thanks now, so thanks Joe!

Now if anyone w/ a VG Panel running v2.72.11 firmware can see if they can pull a ftp dynamic image from the master I'd be thankful again.
  • Options
    Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    Now if anyone w/ a VG Panel running v2.72.11 firmware can see if they can pull a ftp dynamic image from the master I'd be thankful again.
    Both FTP and HTTP are thumbs down here. NXT-1700VG v2.72.11 ? NI-700 DUET v3.30.371
  • Options
    CASREP!

Joe Hebert wrote:
    Both FTP and HTTP are thumbs down here. NXT-1700VG v2.72.11 ? NI-700 DUET v3.30.371
    Thanks for the confirmation Joe.

Now could some one at AMX put this on the ever growing list of things they need to fix! While you're at it if you could fix the old bug that required removal of password protection to get HTTP to work for Dynamic images from the master that would be appreciated too.