Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

Intercom OUT of Panels

Greetings,

The intercom functionality of the newer panels is lovely.

However, what about in a situation where there is a paging system in place? Does anyone know of a cost-effective way to be able to page out of the AMX VoIP domain and into an analog sound system?

This seems like a reasonable thing to be able to do!

Comments

• Options
    Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    You might be able to use the SIP Gateway to accomplish this???

I thought I saw them showing or talking about a piece that was specifically designed for this as well at CEDIA or something. At the moment tho, I don't see anything listed on their website.

Jeff
  • Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Here's link to the gateway. A little pricey just for paging but you should be able to make calls from "i" panels as well. The picture on the box for the MVP-5200i would also seem to indicate this possiblity. With this gateway and and IP phones you can have a complete phone system. I believe they have also stated that you can automatically ring any extension anywhere in the world from your door entry station so if you're not home for instance it can ring your cell phone. Sounds like it could be worth some serious investigating!

http://amx.com/products/CSG.asp
  • Options
    jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    Any luck with this problem?

We're running into it now, where a client may want to use his 8400i and page out of the Autopatch to all zones. Any solutions for that? :D (I ask when I think I already know the answer.;))
  • Options
    You could use a FXS port of the SIP Gateway to a paging adapter, seeing that the ports should have an extension for the TPs to call it, triggering the page. Viking makes some paging adapters, maybe something like the ZPI-4 which would be able to do multi-zone pages. Again this is taking in the assumption that the FXS ports can have an extension assigned to it.