Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

New Netlinx box

Ok,

I didn't read this anywhere before so:

1 - i'm just plain stupid
2 - everyone else is just to embarrased to ask

but... how do you repack a NI controller in the new folding plastic/carton thing ????

It's driving me nuts.

grmmmblll

Richard

Comments

• DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Slip it under the plastic wrap, then fold the long edges behind the base. It's very tight, and I often slip when doing it, make a few rude noises, and try again. Then fold the short edges up to lock it in.
  • DHawthorne wrote: »
    . It's very tight, and I often slip when doing it, make a few rude noises,.

A few... that's A LOT less than i just made. I managed (again) to tear the plastic from the carton. Very tight must be an understatement.

Are you supposed to fold the long sides simultaneously or one after the other?

LOL, but it just feels stupid not being able to put a device in its box....

Richard
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    Richard, I feel your pain. I've ripped a few myself. I just duck tape it at that point. LOL!

When these things came out, I hated them - I still do. I think it was a silly thing to do, but - whatever. Gotta be "green" right, even if it's an inconvenience.

I just really miss the foam that came with the 8400s. If I knew they were going to get rid of those, I would have stock piled the foam!

Oh, and to answer your question: you should be able to do them both at the same time . . . I think?
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    I too preferred the old packing style. It made you feel like this was cafefully packed quality material being gently nested in a foam bed. Now it's like who gives a $hit, throw it in a box and take your chance.

It is greener, although I think less expensive was the goal and greener was just an unintended side benefit!

At least they're not sealed in that thick plastic shell that makes me think I going to slice my hand everytime I open one.
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    vining wrote: »
    At least they're not sealed in that thick plastic shell that makes me think I going to slice my hand everytime I open one.
    Yeah, be careful, you don't want to be one of those 6,500 people that have to visit the hospital because of them hated clamshells.

I know it was for cost reasoning though, I just like to blame everything on "being green" since everyone blames everything on "global warming." :D
  • GSLogicGSLogic Posts: 562
    but... how do you repack a NI controller in the new folding plastic/carton thing ????
    It's driving me nuts.
    Richard

I like to have someone else open the new plastic wrap packages and then I try to figure out how they go back together. I think the people designing these packages are E=MC2 smart or played with to many mushrooms growing up. :)
    Stop the foam save the planet!
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    GSLogic wrote: »
    I like to have someone else open the new plastic wrap packages and then I try to figure out how they go back together. I think the people designing these packages are E=MC2 smart or played with to many mushrooms growing up. :)
    Stop the foam save the planet!

My vote is for the mushrooms. Or some other white stuff.