Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Emulation of LEVEL in runtime ?

Hi guys!

Could one tell me if there is an opportunity to emulate sending of level from code ?

I mean Emulation like in Diagnostics, so that i could make any virtual device (10001 for example)
to send level event and the notifications could show Level Value From [10001:1:1] but not To. Or in another words to generate a level event like someone is touching a real panel, but the panel itself doesn't exist.

And with strings the same.

Thanks!

Comments

• ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    You can do that from Emulate Device in the Diagnostics menu.

put in the level value you wish to send, select the type of level and hit the Send button. That'll do it.
  • karageurkarageur Posts: 97
    No, i meant emulate from the code during runtime.

For example, there is a function DO_PUSH(D:P:S,CHANNEL) that sends a emulated push event from
    any virtual panel you choose. And i wonder if there is method to emulate sending of level - like do_push, do_release ?
  • HedbergHedberg Posts: 671
    What are you trying to do that you can't do with send_level?
    SEND_LEVEL DEV, Level, Value

• karageurkarageur Posts: 97
    By writing this function one can send level TO device.
    I need to send level FROM any virtual device like DO_PUSH or DO_RELEASE.
  • HedbergHedberg Posts: 671
    I guess I don't understand what you are trying to do. Send_level will trigger a level event if the level changes. I realize that in notifications it indicates whether the level is To or FROM, but I don't see how it makes any difference which it is.

In other words, what I want to do with a level change is to trigger a level event. I can trigger a level event by using send_level in my Netlinx code. Why do I care whether the level appears to be sent to a virtual device or generated by the virtual device?

I
  • a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    Send_level does the same job as a do_push, but do_level didn't sound right so they used send_level instead.
    Paul