Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

PC Keyboard & VNC Connectons

I've been remotely working on a system and at times when I trying to do something with the TP via a VNC connection workers at the site will change pages, trying to control the audio or what ever. So I figured I'd modify the standard TP keyboard with a larger text input field and a small hidden button on the main page to pop it up. Now when I trying to do something remotely on the TP and some one on the job starts messing with the TP I can pop up the keyboard and basically open a text dialogue and type "back off" of something else equally as stupid, ask them who they are and why they're messing with the touch panel, etc.

When palying around with this I discoverd that when the TP's keyboard is open during the VNC connection my PC's keyboard will input into the text field of the TPs keyboard text input field which I didn't expect and think it's kind of cool. Now I can quickly type into the field using my PC's keyboard and really freak out the workers on the other end. This can also be a easy way for customers to have text message conversations. Put a button on a TP to some how annuciate an incoming IM request and the husband at work can push the button to alert his wife and have text dialogue with his wife at home.