Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

G4-PanelPreview

Hi all, i'm new in AMX programming,

Can I fully emulate a panel on PC in some way? G4-PanelPreview emulates the graphics but can't connect to NI-700 i have.

I have one NXT-07, but i'd like to preview the use of 2 different panels with 2 different projects loaded

Thank you

Comments

• Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    At this time, you cannot emulate a fully functional G4 panel on a PC.

Jeff
  • sigh

Anyone tried to run the panel compact flash into a vmware with success? i'm thinking to try...
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    We've had this discussion a few times. My feeling has always been that AMX simply doesn't want software alternative to a panel they sell for thousands of dollars ... and I don't blame them. I have at least one customer who never did buy a panel at all because the old G3 Web Panel was "good enough." Five years later and the thing barely works, he still won't pony up to a real panel. It's hard not to see that as a lost sale, and the aggravation of keeping the Web Panel going has pretty much convinced me it was a bad move never to be repeated.

There are, however,alternatives. The Duet virtual keypad works quite well, and there are several versions of a NetLinx widget on these forums. Just not a full-blown G4 virtual panel.
  • If i would have the money for make a full system in my home, i would have both some panels (for my parents) AND a full panel on computer... i think this will really increase system flexibility, anyway you are right, AMX would loose sales by having a full panel emulation...

I should write to AMX telling i will not buy the system because of this lack... LOL :)