Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Anyone controlled Sony SRX-R series via IP?

I just got out to a jobsite and found that there are 18 (yes eighteen) Sony SRX-R110 projectors in this job that the client forgot to put on the drawing or mention in any way. Seems odd that you can forget to mention 18 projectors that cost a quarter of a million dollars each....but that's a different story. Their logic was that since it there is a computer application from Sony to control it via IP that it must be simple to control over IP with AMX.

I've used RS-232 to control Sony projectors using the SIRCS protocol countless times. Granted writing the module the first time was a chore, but once I got it done using it again was simple and it is extremely reliable. I have the protocol manual for the SRX-R110 projector and it mentions that this uses the SDCP (Simple Display Control Protocol) for TCP control. Typical to Sony they seem to think that a protocol's value is based on the total number of bytes in the packet, the number of time you have to make a useless calculation (data lenth, checksum, etc) and the lack of user friendliness. All I have to do is turn the projectors on and off - just two simple commands. If anyone has controlled this before using IP I'd love to see what you used for the on and off commands.

If anyone is feeling bored or extra ambitious I've attached the protocol. I'd love to see what someone comes up with for the on/off commands based on this documentation.

Comments

• A little Help

Here are the two codes your looking for. These, i have plenty of experience with.

POWER ON:
    "$02,$0A,$53,$4F,$4E,$59,$00,$70,$00,$19,$A5,$01,$00,$01,$00,$01,$03,$00,$01,$00,$01,$17,$00,$80,$08,$00,$06,$40,$54,$2E,$00,$00,$00,$A1,$5A"

POWER OFF:
    "$02,$0A,$53,$4F,$4E,$59,$00,$70,$00,$19,$A5,$01,$00,$01,$00,$01,$03,$00,$01,$00,$01,$17,$00,$80,$08,$00,$06,$40,$54,$2F,$00,$00,$00,$A0,$5A"

Hope this helps.

Ryan
  • VLCNCRZRVLCNCRZR Posts: 216
    Thankful

It's strings like these that make me very thankful for the Panasonic command protocol!
  • TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    patb wrote: »
    If anyone is feeling bored or extra ambitious I've attached the protocol. I'd love to see what someone comes up with for the on/off commands based on this documentation.

This is one of the more readable Sony docs.
  • rmlrml Posts: 4
    seconded
    This is one of the more readable Sony docs.

Ah Sony you've got to love their protocol...
  • Useful tool for working with Sony SRX-series projectors

I have an application that was sent to me by Sony's Professional Operational Support Center. It enables you to select the functions you want to control, then it generates and displays the control string. You can then use the 'File' pull-down menu to save the string formatted for use with AMX code.

I wanted to upload it to the forum, but it exceeds the 1 MB file size cap.

Please email me if you want a copy

stephen.ledet@cox.net