Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

AMX wiki

Hello all

Does anybody know if there is any kind of wiki about AMX programming. Maybe I looked at the wrong places but I couldn't find any traces of a wiki so far.

The forum is a great place to discuss all kind of questions and problems and I don't want to start a discussion about pros and cons of forums vs wikis. I'm just curious if there are others who would be interested in an AMX wiki platform as well.

Patrick

Comments

• truetrue Posts: 307
    I don't believe there is. As long as there isn't anything legally preventing you from doing so, starting one would likely be a great community resource.

This said, is there a mailing list or any other popular AMX fora or resources?
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    Indeed a great resource . . . but only if AMX did it. I can just see the topic of pop ups / pages on a panel already:

Edit # 1: Page flips in code is the accepted way of doing things.
    Edit # 2: Page flips in the panel is the AMX accepted way of handling popups.
    Edit # 3: Page flipping in code provides countless possibilities and you can limit your touch panel size.
    Edit # 4: Page flipping in the panel will give you the feeling that you've pushed the panel to the max and give you bragging rights on pushing the popup maximum.

I'd rather not go there. If AMX started a wiki - that'd be great. And it's not like publicly edited wikis are the most reliable and non-biased resource.
  • mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    http://xkcd.com/185/ I believe a picture is worth a thousand words here.
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    Nice one. Wait . . . no. I just read that was bad. Oh - it changed, it's all good now.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Here's the banner for the AMX Wiki site.

posts in this wiki are suspicious. (including this one)