Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products
Options

MVP5200i USB xfers?

Is this not supported yet or am I just completely brain dead? I have a MVP5200i that will not do IP transfers. It starts but never finishes for both TPD4 file and firmware files. Tried USB and couldn't get it recognized and displayed in the device tree. Tried USB on a 5200i TP that does IP fine and still no joy. Tried changing my USB IP addresses and put the virtual master on the same range as the panel but no joy.

Is there a secret sequence that I'm not aware of?

Comments

• Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Well USB xfers does work for the 5200i's. The panels USB IP address is defaulted at 12.0.0.2 and the virtual master is normally 10.0.0.1 which shouldn't work because they are not in the same IP subnet. I tried to set the virtual's IP going through device manager>network adapters>AMXUSB LAN>advanced where you can set the IP for this device but for some reason when you go to slect the virtual master for comms in either TPD4 or NS2 the new IP they was just set doesn't appear and you'll either see 0.0.0.0 or the old 10.0.0.1. I know I tried to set the IP in the TP to 10.0.0.2 but that didn't seem to work but maybe I didn't give it enough time. So in order to change the IP of the virtual I plugged my USB cable into another USB port and when I got the prompt for new hardware-search for drivers_ I click yes and let it find the driver but after that you get a little PC icon in the systray for this device just like the IP LAN connections icon and if you right click on it > click "status" > properties > scroll down to "internet properties" and highlight it > click properties and then select use the following IP > type in 12.0.0.1 and mask of 255.255.255.0 forget about the rest click OK, click OK. Now when you go back to select the virtual master for comms it will display 12.0.0.1. Don't know why it doesn't work through device manager?

Then I tried to connect for a firmware tranfer via NS2 and it ran its query to see if the target device was online and just as before the progress bar was going and going just as before and I thought for sure it wasn't working again and started searching the AMX site for references to USB file transfers and after abouty a minute or two I noticed my TP started receiving files. Hallelujah!!!

Tried this again on the questionable TP and the firmware transferred w/o a problem. Switched over to IP comms and TPD4 and those file transferred w/o problems. So the firmware seems to have fixed the problems but getting it done wasn't any fun at all.

I'm not sure if IP over USB is any better than just USB. Hopefully I'll remember this procedure next time I have to go through this crap!