Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

Master Controller stops responding to button presses on 5200i

Hi,

I have integrated a new 5200i into an existing system (NI3000 & MVP8400). The 5200i works fine for 12 - 24 hours but then at some point, the master controller just stops responding to button presses on the 5200i. The controller can still 'see' the 5200i, and the 5200i still responds to channel updates from the controller. Rebooting the 5200i resolves the problem.

Has anybody seen this behaviour with the new touchpanel?

Comments

• Options
    We've had this problem with two 5200s. Tech support suggested not using n-protocol in our WAP, but rather limiting it to b/g. We're using Netgear WAPs, so I don't know if that's your issue, but it's something to look at. It's (so far!) solved it for us.
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    hodeyp wrote: »
    Hi,

I have integrated a new 5200i into an existing system (NI3000 & MVP8400). The 5200i works fine for 12 - 24 hours but then at some point, the master controller just stops responding to button presses on the 5200i. The controller can still 'see' the 5200i, and the 5200i still responds to channel updates from the controller. Rebooting the 5200i resolves the problem.

Has anybody seen this behaviour with the new touchpanel?
    We have one on a B/G WAP with no problems (so far...)

We are advising our clients to avoid N in general. It was a nice idea but it just doesn't work in practice.
  • Options
    hodeyphodeyp Posts: 104
    thanks, will give that a go