Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

SKY HD Receiver

Hi All,

Could you help me for something that causes us many problems when we control it with IR ?
It’s about the SKY HD Receiver (see the attached file). It has its IR receiver in a very strange place and we have never managed to control it with very success. It does not response in every IR command sent from the controller IR emitter but it loses some of them every time.
After a lot of checking, we discovered that the IR receiver is placed SOMEWHERE outside and right of the center cycle (see on the picture). When we move the IR emitter for some millimeters left and right from that point the receiving behavior changes altogether
Do you have any experience with this receiver and how do you usually control it?

George

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I have no experience with that particular box, but I have often run across boxes (and it seems pretty common with DirecTV) that are overly sensitive: if you stick the emitter right on the window, it doesn't work, but move off to the side and it does. Some emitters you can take apart and flip the LED over so they are not as strong. When I am totally stumped, I stick the emitter on the shelf in front of the device and just let it fire across the bow, as it were.
  • Options
    Jimweir192Jimweir192 Posts: 502
    Sky boxes (particularly the Pace ones) are a pain! There is a sensitivity issue and as for the rounded front panel designs...

I personally like this as a solution: http://www.dusky-control.com/serial.shtml which uses the RF port to receive Serial commands and if you link this with the serial port on the Sky Box you can get a full EPG with control...

Your cheaper option is to get a MagicEye and attach the AMX IR emitter to this instead.

HTH
  • Options
    CAPACAPA Posts: 8
    Shy hd

Try
    SET_PULSE_TIME (1)
  • Options
    Sky boxes are fairly random, in an install of 3 or 4 boxes all can work perfectly without issue, but one, even the same make and type will be very sensitive to emitter position. AS Jimweir says, either Dusky or if only one box Blue Delta injector.

Dupe...
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    CAPA wrote: »
    Try
    SET_PULSE_TIME (1)

That's a bad idea, as it is a global setting and changes all the pulses on all the IR channels, and all the relays and IOs as well. Not everything is going to be happy with the shorter pulse ... in particular, I've seen some TVs that won't turn on and off if the pulse is too short. It's better to use the CTON command in conjunction with SP, because those will only affect the device they are sent to.