Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

AVR Channel Numbering?

I'm starting a new module for a B&K Ref 50 AVR and I decided to try the new control method of having the button event of the real TPs trigger the virtual TPs channel events in the module. I figure between channels and levels I can completely avoid sending VT to the TPs and not have to use SEND_STRING/COMMANDS for module comms. I then started goiing through various AMX modules to see what the channels numbering convention was for AVR's and what I found doesn't seem to make sense.

On some toggle power was channel 9 on others it was 255
Power on was 27
Power off was 28

Ok this is consistant with IR channel numbers but then I looked at the input's channel number:

phone = 38
cd = 36
dvd = 1427
vdp = 3300
tv = 30
sat = 1438
vcr-1 = 3301
vcr-2 = 3302
vcr-3 = 3303
aux = 39
tuner = 37

Going through the first module I assumed it was just another screwed up AMX module but when I checked another module it was similar. Both are new Duet versions, one was the DENON 5805 and the other a NAD ??. Is there some logic to setting some of these channels so high? I figure most AVR's can get by with just the standard 255 channels and that should stll allow enough channels to handle all the AVR function with plenty of channels left over to handle all the feedback. What's the thinking? Any ideas?

Comments

• DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    The Duet API was designed to be able to easily interchange similar devices without changing any code. so the standard channels were expanded and spread out considerably to accommodate that. Older IR files, for example,all you could really count on being interchangeable were the transport commands; but, presumably, any IR file that conforms to the Duet API can be used in place of any other of the same type of device without changing anything but the actual IR file.