Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Captured IR cant work

Hi All,

My Panasonic DVD recorder DMR-ES10 cant work with my NI3100.
I have tried SP or other P mode
Try Push(dvtp,1) { On[dvDVR,1] Off[dvDVR,1]}
CTON/CTOF command
used IREdit to actuate,set pulse from 1-10
download all the panasonic ir file from AMX (Around 10)
Use AMX database

And it doesnt work, i am sure the hardware is ok coz i can use the same port and emitter to control the VCR next to it.

Any tricky thing i can try?

Thanks all.

Comments

• travtrav Posts: 188
    The black magic of IRIS usage.

For diffucult IR (read Cable TV boxes made by pace or thompson) you need to catch them as single pulse IRs.

Stick the IRIS into Special mode so the display reads SP.

Then try it by Tapping the button really quickly, you want the rec light on the IRIS to light only once.

I find that sticking the IRIS on the edge of a bench, pointing the Remote at the window, pressing the button then moving the remote down under the edge so the IRIS cannot pick up anything else in the code, like the repeats.

The idea is to get the Led to flash only once breifly. Also check the length of the pulses being captured for each press, they should be around the same timings for the general controls, and maybe longer for some of the 'special' keys.

In general learning IR can be a bit of a black art, but those tips should sort you out!

I'd have a bit of a practise first, without actually pushing send and try and get your timing correct, if you can get the LED to flash on the IRIS only once for each tap of the button you shouldn't even need to put it into special mode.

good luck!