Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

Firmware Upgrade Going Wrong

From time to time I have a problem with MVP memory cards (CF) going dead, if by upgrading failures or by any other reason by the god of smart houses.
Because of my location it takes a lot of time for the new CF card AMX is sending me to reach me. sometimes I'm doing a project that is a 100 miles from the office and a CF goes dead and i waste a whole day just driving back to the office and getting a new MVP CF... so i'm stuck with 2-3 panels with no memory card, and my stock is running low for no reason... I know that the Firmware AMX is putting inside the CF is protected, i tried to put a CF card in a reader and it won't even recognize it.
Isn't there a way to copy a good CF to another CF? Can't AMX publish a program that would only flash an empty CF card?

Thanks for the help

Ronen Katz
Hed-Cinema
Herzlia, ISRAEL

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Download Winhex and register your copy. It can make an image file of a good CF that you can use to restore a bad one, or to replace a bad card. I struggled with many methods of doing this, including Linux boot discs, but the image solution was, by far, the easiest. You will also need a CF reader, which you can get pretty cheap just about anywhere that sells computer parts.
  • Options
    RonenRonen Posts: 55
    Thanks

Thanks for the answer DHawthorne,i will try it soon.

btw, if i want to increase the size of my 64MB CF card to 256MB wouldn't the imge file restrict me to only 64MB?

Ronen
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Ronen wrote: »
    Thanks for the answer DHawthorne,i will try it soon.

btw, if i want to increase the size of my 64MB CF card to 256MB wouldn't the imge file restrict me to only 64MB?

Ronen

Yes, the image would contain the partition data. At that point you would need to adjust the partition size; for panels it's a Linux partition, so you would need to know how to do it there (beyond my knowledge, I'm afraid).
  • Options
    RonenRonen Posts: 55
    Sometime next week...

well, i'm gonna deal with this next week, if i find an easy way to change the partition size i will post it here.

Thanks again for all the help