Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Wireless Touch Panel Tip

Here is a little tip that I just learned today regarding wireless panels and wi-fi with security enabled. Make sure you clear the SSID information from the lower security levels (Open and WEP) if you are using WPA or WPA2. This will force the panel to start looking for wireless connections at the WPA level instead of trying open connections first. This should let the panel get online quicker :)

Unfortunately this has not helped my current problem, but I figured I would pass it along. I am currently in the process of upgrading to the newest firmware, but I am getting a little nervous as the video did a very funky gray to weird color bar thing before displaying the AMX splash screen after a firmware transfer and now I am going on 6 minutes of staring at the AMX splash screen. I am hoping that either the upgrade wiped out my user files, or it is just taking a long time because of the new wireless driver. I will update on the firmware upgrade as soon as I figure it out.

Jeff

Comments

• Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    The long splash screen is not a normal thing. After talking with tech support, I did a battery pull and upon reboot, everything seems to have returned to normal (unfortunately still no wireless communication with the Cisco APs.

Jeff