Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

EverFocus EDR-410H

Hello everybody.

I'm in trouble with EverFocus EDR-410H. I tried to control it via RS232/485 according to pinout and protocol description in User Manual - no luck :(
Had anybody dealt with that device?
Any advices, codes, pinouts and other help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance and sorry for poor english.

Comments

• GSLogicGSLogic Posts: 562
    The new models with the RJ45 control connector have changed from rs232 to rs485.
  • Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    Did you ever find a correct pinout for the 485 bus? I am having some trouble getting the unit to respond to commands and I think it might be my connection.

Jef
  • GSLogicGSLogic Posts: 562
    Jeff

I had this in my notes, but I'm not 100% sure if it is correct, maybe 98.555551%.

9PIN -> RJ45 connector
    AMX CAT 5b wire
    2 TX -> 6 green
    3 RX -> 3 green/white
    5 GR -> 1 orange/white
  • Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    Thanks Gary. I would have posted sooner, but a DirecTV "emergency" made me rush out on a service call. I did manage to test things right before I left. I will try using just a single pin on the AMX side tomorrow, but I did have the connections backwards. When I switched them around, everything started working. One interesting note is that when it was connected wrong, I would get a $00 returned after every string I sent.

The reason I say I will try the single pin is because according to AMX documentation, pins 4 and 6 should be strapped together and 1 and 9 should also (i think). I will try using just a single pin tho as it would make it MUCH easier to fabricate the connectors :)

Jeff