Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products
Options

Custom color settings

I've noticed that when I create Modero touchpanel layouts that the colors of the graphics are a little different than my laptop color.

For instance I tried to create a background that had a firey reddish orange but it ended being a dull light orange.

I'm wondering if anyone would know the settings for brightness, contrast, and gamma that would be pretty close to the touchpanel's.

Comments

• Options
    Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    Which touchpanel are you using? I know that there are some major differences in the wireless panels when it comes to the display and knowing which panel you are refering to may help some answer the question a little better.

Jeff
  • Options
    It's a NXT-CV12
  • Options
    Colors will look different no matter what, unless you calibrate your computer's display to match the AMX's.

Keep in mind that all AMX touchpanels have an overlay filitering brightness but probably also affecting some of the color accuracy. Unfortunately (?) AMX provides no control over the color settings other than brightness. (AMX does sell a few third party displays to be used with the TPIs that do allow more controls, but those are an expetion)

Some video cards will allow you to make detailed adjustments for color, hue, contrast, brightness and more. So your best bet is to match the panel's colors by adjusting your computer's. I know several tools are available to read the color settings from a display and you may or may not want to invest in one of them.
  • Options
    And that was basically what I was asking about, so has anyone adjusted their computer display to match an AMX panel and if so could you provide me the settings?
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Originally posted by undrtkr
    And that was basically what I was asking about, so has anyone adjusted their computer display to match an AMX panel and if so could you provide me the settings?
    Unfortunately, that is going to vary monitor to monitor and by display card. You would have to post you exact video card and display type, and hope someone with the same equipment has setting for you. Most modern video cards support user profiles, and essentially you are going to have to set your panel up and your computer display side-by-side with TPD4 showing the same page as the panel, then adjust till they look the same and save the profile. It may be a bit tedious to set up, but yu might find it worth doing.

Personally, I try to go for a look that isn't so delicate, and will translate adequately to as many platforms as possible without cheesing it out. That generally means "standard" colors and pallettes.
  • Options
    Even with your video card type and display I do not believe that you will match the 2 displays. Too many variables. The only way to match them is with a colour analizer , I use the Sencore CP5000 (I think thats the cost also) to colour match and balance our LCD projectors/displays.